Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fancy a nappy wallet? How about a tee?

So I promised I'd give some more details about my new stuff - I have expanded from just nappies, and I'm now stocking nappy wallets and applique tees, and I have a few more things in the works. While I love making nappies, variety is the spice of life, and I do have slight A.D.D in relation to sewing so I always need a few projects on the go.

I always remember in those early days of baby fog, trying desperately to get out of the house, lugging the most enormous bag of detritus. As the baby gets older (and the mumming gets easier), the bag seems to get smaller, and smaller. I also remember searching everywhere for my perfect nappy bag, and never quite hitting the mark. The truth was I just wanted to keep using my beautiful kara smith  bag, and somehow fit everything I needed inside there. And I realised I was not alone....enter the nappy wallet.

The nappy wallet fits inside your normal bag, and fits everything you need for a quick trip out, or a whole day out for an older bub. Mangolime nappy wallets are made of sturdy denim, which makes them the perfect  backdrop for all my designer fabrics. Each one is lined with a designer fabric and embellished with an applique and pocket of the same fabric, making them one of a kind. They easily fit 2 small cloth nappies, or 1 medium/large cloth nappy, or several disposables, as well as your wipes, cream and bags. They do up snugly with a velcro strap, and also feature a snap on strap so they can be attached to anything. I'm having lots of fun making these, and would love to hear what you think!




Here's what they look like packed up and ready to go:



The applique tees are also fun to make. At the moment I'm using certified organic tees, but I will also have some classic tees (and maybe some other apparel) in the future at a lower price. Each tee has a unique applique feature of designer fabric, fused and sewn on for extra durability. These look super cute either on their own or teamed with a mangolime nappy.



Both the tees and nappy wallets would be perfect for gifts. I have had lots of people who don't use cloth nappies (or any nappies!) wanting to buy something from my store for themselves or friends, and these both fit the bill.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment